PSVue®는 bis(zinc2+ dipicolylamine : Zn-DPA)를 포함하는 fluorescent probes 입니다. Zn-DPA는 anionic
phospholipids에 높은 친화성을 나타내는 것으로 알려져 있으며, 세포막의 phosphatidylserine(PS)에 결합합니다.
apoptotic cells , necrotic cells , Gram+ and Gram- bacteria [3-5], activated cells, tumor vascular
endothelial cells, viruses 등의 검출에 사용할 수 있습니다.
• Bind to a variety of cell types which have negatively charged phospholipids exposed on their membranes
including apoptotic cells , necrotic cells , Gram+ and Gram- bacteria [3-5], activated cells, tumor
vascular endothelial cells, viruses, etc.
• Available in a range of detection wavelengths from long-UV to near infrared.
• Suitable for in vitro and in vivo use.
• Suitable for high-throughput screening assays.
• Bind to the same PS site as annexin-V.
Advantages of PSVue® over Fluorescent Annexin-V:
• Binding kinetics are fast; annexin-V binding is slow
• Binding is Ca2+ independent; means no artifacts due to activation of nonspecific membrane scramblases
• Cheap compared to most annexin-V fluorescent analogs
• Apoptosis can be detected under a wide variety of conditions(e.g. in presence of 10% serum, temps from 4
• Can provide more intense labeling due to their much smaller size (i.e. >10 PSVueTM molecules can bind
to the same area as 1 annexin V molecule).
Fig. 1. General Structure of PSVue® Probes
Fig. 2. Micrographs (60X magnification) of Jurkat cells, treated with cytotoxic camptothecin (10 μM) for 3.5 h
and stained simultaneously with Annexin VAlexa Fluor 488, and PSVue® 794 (10 μM). Brightfield image of the
entire field of cells (A); cells stained with Annexin V-Alexa Fluor 488 (B); cells stained with PSVue® 794 (C);
overlay of images A, B, and C (D). No staining of healthy cells was observed in the absence of
camptothecin. (Images courtesy of Dr. Bradley Smith of University of Notre Dame)