MagicLink™ Streptavidin Conjugation Kit
Streptavidin can be conjugated to antibody/protein by thiol-maleimide and hydrazone coupling approaches.
The thiol-maleimide approach is commonly performed with a bifunctional linker (such as SMCC). However,
SMCC-modified protein is extremely unstable and often self-reactive since it often contains both amine and
thiol groups that cause significant amount of homo-crosslinking. The conjugation linkage is exchangeable
when other thiol groups are present.
In the hydrazone coupling approach, the conjugation reaction is based on a reaction between hydrazine and
aldehyde. This method is low yielding although a catalyst is used. The size of the molecule and
inaccessibility of the functional group contribute to low yield. In addition, linkage stability is an issue.
A typical flow chart of streptavdin -antibody conjgugation by MagicLink technology
BroadPharm's MagicLink™ technology solves all the problems by combining PEG and proprietary
crosslinking chemistry. MagicLink™chemistry and kit and do not need TCEP, DTT, or catalysts.
First, antibody reacts with MAGIC NHS ester yield MAGIC antibody which reacts instantly with LINK
preactivated streptavidin to yield antibody-streptavidin conjugate with a stable ring linkage.
· Novelty: 3rd generation protein crosslink technology
· Yield: conjugation efficiency around 95-100%
· Rate: instant reaction; the whole process less than 1 hour
· Linkage stability: most stable covalent bonded conjugates on the market
· Consistence: good reproducibility from batch to batch
· Flexible: use your own HRP and antibody at your desired ratio
· Shelf life: long, stable freeze dried ship at ambient temperature
· Antibody selection: any proteins/antibody, antibody fragment
· Post-conjugation clean-up step not necessary
· Biomolecule's selection: all can be conjugated to streptavidin, such as primary antibody, recombinant
antibodies or fluorescent polymer such as BV 421, BV510, BV570, BV605, BV 650, BV 711, BV 785, PE, APC,
or amine modified oligo, oligo- BV tandem dye, oligo-PE, oligo-APC conjugates.
MagicLink Streptavidin Labeling Kit is used to conjugate streptavidin with primary antibody, recombinant
antibodies or fluorescent polymer such as BV 421, BV510, BV570, BV605, BV , 650, BV 711, BV 785, PE, APC,
or amine modified oligo, oligo- BV tandem dye, oligo-PE, oligo-APC conjugates, etc.
Line M, protein marker, line 1: BSA, line 2: streptavdin, line 3 : BSA-streptavdin conjugates
The streptavidin conjugates have wide applications below.
· Flow cytometry (FC)
· Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
· Intracellular Staining for Flow Cytometry(ICFC)
· Immunohistochemistry - Frozen(IHC-F)
· Immunohistochemistry - Paraffin(IHC-P)
· Cell Separation by Negative Selection (CellSep-Neg)
· Cell Separation by Positive Selection (CellSep-Pos)
· Western Blotting (WB)
· MAGIC NHS (MW ~900)
· LINK activated Streptavidin
· Reaction buffer
· Protein concentrator
Instruction sheet (PDF)