Products

Ornithine ELISA kit

본문

Ornithine ELISA kit

Free L-Arginine (Arg) is provided by diet, de novo synthesis and protein turnover. De novo synthesis is sufficiently important to not consider Arg as an essential amino acid. However, in some circumstances – eg. early development, infection and inflammation – de novo synthesis is not enough and require dietary Arg, which is thus classified as a conditionally-essential amino acid. Whatever the source, Arg can be metabolized through different degrading pathways which include i) the nitric oxide synthase (NOS) pathway providing Citrulline and NO, as well as ii) the well-known Arginase pathway leading to the production of Urea and L-Ornithine (Orn). 

Cross-validation of L-Ornithine ELISA and LC/MS data in human plasma samples Orn was quantified in human plasma samples from healthy subjects using IS-I-1000R ELISA kit or by LC/MS. Correlation study showed R2=0.9636, thereby confirming the accuracy of the immunoassay

Specifications

Format;

96-well plate

Sample;

Plasma  

Minimal sample volume;

20  µl

Species-reactivity;

React with all species

Standard range;

20 – 781.25µM 

Sensitivity;

8.5µM 

Specificity;

No significant cross-reactivity was observed with Agmatine, L-Arginine, NG-Methyl-L-Arginine, L-Argino-succinate, L-Citrulline, L-Glutamine & L-Glutamate

Assay time;

Sample preparation 3h and ELISA overnight

Storage;

Store at 2 ~ 8°C for to 6 months.

Typical standard curve of Ornithine ELISA Typical standard curve obtained with the Orn ELISA kit. In this competitive enzyme immunoassay, optical density is inversely correlated with Orn levels within a linear range of 20 - 781.25µM. (example data - do not use for calculation).

Instruction sheet (PDF)

References;

1. Caldwell et al., Arginase: A Multifaceted Enzyme Important in Health and Disease, Physiol Rev., 2018 

2. Niu et al., Arginase: An emerging and promising therapeutic target for cancer treatment, Biomed Pharmacother. 2022  

3. Apiz-Saab et al.,IPancreatic tumors activate arginine biosynthesis to adapt to myeloid-driven amino acid stress, bioRxiv 2022 

Ordering information    

Catalog No.

Product Name

Size

IS-I-1000R

Ornithine ELISA kit

96 wells plate

▣ 관련 페이지 ; ImmuSmol

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Copyright by Sambo Medical Co. All rights reserved.