Products

N1-Acetyl-Spermidine ELISA kit

본문

Polyamines are molecules derived from ornithine (Orn) (i.e., putrescine, spermine, spermidine) or arginine (Arg) (i.e., agmatine).  While ornithine decarboxylase is responsible for ornithine degradation and spermidine production, cSAT and nSAT transform spermidine to N1-acetylspermidine (N1-AcSpdn). These molecules are involved in many critical processes such as cell proliferation, nucleic acid synthesis, and cytoprotection from oxidative stress1. Several studies have evidenced that polyamine metabolism is frequently increased in cancer2 which can fuel tumor progression3 and favor immune escape4. Elevated levels of polyamines in sera of cancer patients have been demonstrated to correlate with poor prognosis. 

Cross-validation of N1-Acetyl-Spermidine ELISA and LC/MS data in human plasma samples

N1-AcSpdn was quantified in human plasma samples from healthy subjects using IS-I-2400R ELISA kit or by LC/MS. Correlation study showed R2=0.9753, thereby confirming the accuracy of the immunoassay. 

Specifications

Format;

96-well plate

Sample;

Plasma, Cell culture supernatant

Minimal sample volume;

50  µl

Species-reactivity;

React with all species

Standard range;

8 – 312.5µM  

Sensitivity;

3.5µM 

Specificity;

No significant cross-reactivity was observed with N8-Acetyl-Spermidine, Spermidine, Spermine, Ornithine & Putrescine

Assay time;

Sample preparation 3h and ELISA overnight

Storage;

Store at 2 ~ 8°C for to 6 months.

Typical standard curve of N1-Acetyl-Spermidine ELISA

Typical standard curve obtained with the N1-AcSpdn ELISA kit. In this competitive enzyme immunoassay, optical density is inversely correlated with N1-AcSpdn levels within a linear range of 8 – 312.5nM. (example data - do not use for calculation)

Instruction sheet  (PDF)

References;

Pegg A., Functions of Polyamines in Mammals, J Biol Chem, 2016  

Handa et al., Polyamines: Bio-Molecules with Diverse Functions in Plant and Human Health and Disease, Front Chem, 2018 

Ordering information    

Catalog No.

Product Name

Size

IS-I-2400R

96 wells plate

▣ 관련 페이지 ; ImmuSmol

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Copyright by Sambo Medical Co. All rights reserved.